What are we doing?
Our work covers a number of activities and projects. These include
- Finding out what Tameside residents think about any Social Care they, or a friend or relative, receive via our survey.
- Developing our new service that helps people who want to make a formal complaint about NHS care.
- Continuing to encourage people to 'Tell Your Story' about care - particularly through our Healthwatch Champions who are based in local community venues.
- Supporting the Empowerment work stream in Tameside Adult Safeguarding Partnership's strategic plan.
- Recruiting and Training 'Enter & View' volunteers to enable us to go into care settings and observe the quality of care people receive.
- Helping people to understand and have their voice heard in local and regional consultations and projects like 'Healthier Together' and 'Care Together'.
- Looking into what mental health services are provided locally and how people can access these - to see if there are any gaps in services.
Our projects and activities change from time to time - we will update this page as and when this happens.