Tameside Adult Services
Ashton under Lyne
Tel: 0161 342 2400 Loop Hearing: 0161 342 3602
Tel: 0161 342 2222 out of hours emergency
Website: www.tameside.gov.uk/servicecharter/socialcarehealth or http://www.tameside.gov.uk/socialcare/adults
Tameside Council is responsible for most social care services in Tameside.
Adult services provide help and support for individuals and families in the community to live independent lives. Their services are available to:
• older people
• people with learning disabilities
• people with physical or sensory disabilities (including sight loss and hearing loss) and
• people with mental health issues
• adult services staff can offer information, advice and support to people who are paying for their own care as well as to people who qualify for formal support from social services.
How they may we be able to help you
They offer advice and information on a wide range of support options including:
• managing your personal care and daily living tasks
• help with meals
• equipment and adaptations to help you live at home
• disabled Parking Blue Badge Scheme
• specialist support if you have a visual impairment or are Deaf or hard of hearing
Services for Children & Young People
Services for Children and Young People in Tameside provide a range of services including education, social care and youth services.
They also provide help and support for children and young people who need care. This includes children with disabilities as well as children who may need looking after (e.g. children who the council needs to place with foster families).
Website: www.tameside.gov.uk/education and click the link for children and young people index to view a list of services.