Why volunteer with us?
- Make a difference in your local community by giving people the opportunity to speak up about their health and social care
- Make new friends as you become part of the Healthwatch team
- Boost your CV as you develop new skills and confidence in the workplace
- Use your skills to contribute to the success of Healthwatch across Tameside.
2645 face-to-face contacts last year
Volunteers and staff talking to people and giving out postcards
People who can help us to have a local presence in their communities.
Examples of opportunities:
- Regular outreach (talking to people) in community venues such as libraries, pharmacies, hospitals.
- Helping at one-off events such as summer fairs, open days, market stalls.
- Helping to distribute information, such as posters or leaflets.
People can volunteer for as much or as little time as they are able. This could be once a week, once a month, or as agreed. Please get in touch with us to find out more.
Community group volunteers
A member of a community group who volunteers to be the point of contact within the group for Healthwatch.
Examples of activities include:
- Collecting feedback about health and care services from the group members to be included in the Healthwatch work.
- Answering simple information/signposting questions (using information provided by Healthwatch).
- Referring people to Healthwatch staff for more complex conversations
If you have ideas how we could work with your group, or you just want to find out more, please get in touch with us.
Many thanks to all our volunteers. Without their support the Healthwatch Tameside team would have less opportunity to hear from the residents of Tameside.