Other tips and tools for making a complaint
Complaints about NHS services
The NHS provides good quality services to most people but sometimes things do go wrong. Very often a problem can be resolved quickly, easily and informally but in some cases people may choose to make an official complaint. If you want to make a complaint about an NHS service you have received, Healthwatch Tameside can help you by:
- Giving you a Self Help Information Pack that helps you to understand how the process works.
- Helping you to write down your experience in a clear, logical way.
- Helping you to ask for access to your medical records.
- Giving you feedback on draft complaints letters, etc.
- Supporting you to prepare for resolution meetings.
- Referring you to another service if you need someone to speak on your behalf.
Information is also available to read online provided by Citizens Advice Bureau - Find out more
Complaints about adult social care
If the social care you wish to complain about has been funded by the NHS, please refer to our information about NHS complaints above.
For other social care complaints, here is some information published by Citizens Advice Bureau, including flowcharts, helpful tips and sample letters.
Some of these links are created and maintained by the Citizens Advice Bureau. Healthwatch Tameside accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the content.