If you need help with an urgent dental problem, call the Urgent Dental Care Service
on 0333 332 3800, available from 8am to 10pm every day, including weekends and bank holidays.
• The above number should NOT be used by patients who have a regular dentist during normal surgery hours.
• This is an appointment only service – the Urgent Dental Care providers do not operate a ‘drop-in’ service at any Greater Manchester locations.
• Each one off urgent dental care appointment is a fixed NHS patient charge of Band 1, which is currently £23.80. This fee shall be paid each time you access Urgent Dental Care Services.
• If you need help finding an NHS dentist, please visit www.nhs.uk/
The service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call you’ll be assessed by a member of the clinical team.
Urgent dental problems include the following conditions, which should receive self-help advice and treatment (where appropriate) within 24 hours:
• Dental and soft-tissue infections
• Severe dental and facial pain: that is, pain that cannot be controlled by the patient following self-help advice
• Fractured teeth or tooth
The service operates from 14 different locations across Greater Manchester and patients can choose to be seen at the location most convenient for them.